Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I HATE CANCER!

I feel like I'm being surrounded by cancer and I HATE it!

I lost my mom to Melanoma in 1997 (remember that bad year I mentioned?) and now my dad's sister has it. My aunt doesn't have the results yet, but they removed a big chunk of her leg (just like my mom) and I guess she's in a lot of pain.

We found out last week that a friend of ours from Maine just died of melanoma. Her daughter is a senior in high school this year.

The daughter of a good friend of mine in Wisconsin has leukemia and she is going to be getting a bone marrow transplant. She has young children, too.

One of my friends since junior high just told me her mom is in the last stages of colon cancer and is in a lot of pain, too.

My husband's aunt is fighting cancer right now, too. I believe she is almost done with her chemo.
I went to a new hairdresser last week and she is a breast cancer survivor, but her mom just found out she has lymphoma.

My grandma (mom's mom) is a 2-time breast cancer survivor and is turning 93 tomorrow! I really look up to and cherish that woman! She is a true inspiration and a very stubborn German! :)

Well, those are all my cancer stories. Now do you see why I feel surrounded?? It really seems to be becoming an epidemic and I am terrified that something will happen to me and I won't be able to be there for my kids and watch them grow up. If anything good is coming of this, it's really making me take a hard look at my lifestyle and make some healthy adjustments.

I would rather be unhealthy and not have any cancer in anyone's life, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment