Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Notes from the Tilt-A-Whirl by N.D. Wilson

I received the book Notes from the Tilt-A-Whirl (Wide-Eyed Wonder in God's Spoken World) by N.D. Wilson for free from Thomas Nelson Publishers to review it. Instantly it took me back to my high school sociology class. We read some really neat things in that class that challenged how we viewed other people and the world around us. It was a really fun class and this is a really fun book. It's quirky and therefore not for everybody, but it's a great ride if you're willing to dive in.
Mr. Wilson compares the everyday mundane things most of us take for granted and puts them in perspective of God's wonderfully created world. It is very easy to read as a daily or weekly devotional as each chapter focuses on a different topic. My favorite part is in the chapter 'Talking Rocks':
"To exist in this poem is a greater gift than any finite creature can imagine. ...and to hear and feel and see and taste and smell the heavy poetry of God, that is enough."
Thank you Mr. Wilson, for reminding me how truly wonderful God's world is!

I review for BookSneeze

No comments:

Post a Comment